A Peek at My Professional Profile
Your Chapel Hill/Durham area resource:
* With 30 years in the area, and two kids who graduated from the Chapel Hill/Carrboro public schools, I can be a great area resource for my clients: providing guidance on neighborhoods and schools, commute times, 55+ communities, outdoor pursuits, restaurants, the arts and much more -- whatever your interests or needs may be.
* Technology is key to your home search, and I offer hand-screened new listing alerts, custom home searches, and prompt, responsive email, text and phone contact to each client. With today’s fast moving real estate market, receiving information in a timely manner is critical.
I offer a unique background in both communications and finance, which benefits my clients in a number of ways:
* With previous experience as a stock analyst, I can confidently calculate & explain financial aspects of the transaction, and accurately determine a property's best purchase or selling price.
* With extensive experience as a communications consultant, I’m trained to really listen to and understand the needs of my clients, and to communicate effectively and consistently.
* For sellers, having conducted a number of multi-media campaigns is the perfect background for creating custom marketing programs to sell each client's home: from rich, detailed descriptions of a home’s amenities, to full virtual tours and expert photos.
Designations & Expertise:
* I am a Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), an advanced designation held by just 4% of Realtors nationwide, The CRS requires not only completing a rigorous course of advanced training, but also by gaining a significant mix of experience and number of real estate transactions closed. And in fact, I’ve helped over 100 clients buy and sell great residential, investment and land properties in the past three years alone.
* Buying? I am an Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR), having met the experiential and educational criteria required by the Real Estate Buyers Agent Council. Achieving the ABR was important to me, to be able to offer the highest level of service and expertise in working with buyer clients.
* Thinking of building? I am a Certified New Home Specialist, a national designation awarded upon completion of specialized education in new home construction. From blueprint reading and topography, to construction methods and choosing builders, I have the advanced training and field experience to guide you through the exciting (and often extensive!) process of building a new home. I've helped many clients build from scratch; whether custom or working with a builder community.
* Selling? As an Accredited Staging Professional, I have completed both extensive coursework and field experience in preparing homes for sale through the art of staging. I stage each property to sell, and have seen first hand how staging gives homes a leg up on the competition, propelling properties to sell quickly and for top dollar.
* 55+ or a Senior? I am a Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES), one of a select group of area Realtors with special interest in the senior population. The SRES designation provides an enhanced level of expertise with which to counsel clients through the major financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating, refinancing or selling the family home. I also offer extensive experience working with buyers and sellers in active adult 55+ communities and comparable communities, like Fearrington Village.
* I was the first REALTOR in the Chapel Hill/Durham area to achieve the National Association of REALTOR’s GREEN designation. This coursework provides advanced training on what makes a property green, helping clients evaluate the cost/benefits of green building features and practices, listing and marketing green homes and buildings, discussing the financial grants and incentives available to homeowners, and helping consumers see a property's green potential.
* I have also earned the designation of Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist, which focuses on the specific market knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to provide exceptional service in the fine homes marketplace. The designation requires a multi-day training course as well as performance requirements in the top 10% of the local market. My membership in the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing also provides me with marketing tools and networking capabilities that benefit my clients.
* I graduated from Brown University and hold a master’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I am committed to being well-educated, especially when it comes to the latest technologies, tools, and strategies to help you buy or sell a home with ease.
Triangle Business Journal Top 25 Realtors 2018, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
Memberships and Affiliations: